This Dribbling Drill is great for developing hand-eye co-ordination and dribbling skills for basketball.
- Skipping ropes
- Hula Hoop Dribbling – From £78.59
Programmes of Study:
Using running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination.
- Pair the children up – one is a puller and one is a dribbler.
- The puller loops a skipping rope around a hula hoop to create a “lead” so that the hoop can be pulled along the floor.
- The dribbler starts by bouncing the ball in the hoop.
- When the dribbler’s confidence increases, the puller slowly starts to pull the hoop across the floor. The dribbler has to follow with the ball trying to ensure that the ball stays within the hoop whilst dribbling.
- Swap roles and repeat.
Once the children have practiced this skill, repeat but this time:
- See how many bounces the children can manage before they miss the hoop.
- How many can they bounce in a minute.
- Speed up the pace of the puller.
Discover our Sports Hub and Sports and Games resources here: www.consortiumeducation.com/education/sports-and-games